Re: It's IBM dummy

From: Tom (tomwhore@wsmf.org)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 10:51:55 PDT

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Chuck Murcko wrote:

--]That's entirely the problem. And to whom does the media flock to find
--]out what OS and other free software is? Thereby spreading the problem.
--]
--]To say there are no open source "representatives" is silly. Ask any tech
--]reporter and they'll rattle you off a list. Those lists get around
--]pretty well, too.
--]
--]The sad surprise is that the moderate people are either at the bottom of
--]or not on the list. Or the smaller egos, whichever you prefer.

The silly thing is LETTING the media control the hierarchy. If the ways
and means of the brand new jimmie is simply aping what was done before it
then why would I be interested in it any more than I am with the old ways
and means?

In short, if you NEED the media to make your leaders for ya, then start
the Celine Dion soundtracks and grab a life raft.

I have never thought I needed the media to tell me what to think, when to
think it, and who to look to for leadership. I was of the mind maybe we
had outgrown that heroin sick junk habit.

If you want pure enteraintment there are better more media savy venues. I
would suggest the Fashion INdustry, POp Music and the Opra's Book of the
Month Club. They got it down in ways the OS ehores are still figuring out.

At the record company meeting On their hands - a dead star and ooh, the
plans that they weave and ooh, the sickening greed At the record company
party on their hands - a dead star the sycophantic slags all say: "I knew
him first, and I knew him well" Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs double pack with a photograph Extra Track (and a
tacky badge)--THe Smiths