RE: It's IBM dummy

From: Lucas Gonze (lucas@worldos.com)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 10:59:24 PDT

No doubt, but this principle applies equally to 'green' business, christian
business, etc. Enhancing shareholder value is the one and only moral yardstick
for corporations.

There's a reason why GPL is not much better than radiation poisoning as far as
business is concerned. Even so, the viral character of the GPL has kept GPL'd
software more or less even with BSD-license stuff. BSD is to GPL as
Unitarianism is to Scientology. Though I'm surprized that dual-license free
software (where poisonous character of GPL helps sell non-free licenses for the
same software), which is fairly common, gets so little attention.

Per Jeff Bone: