Re: It's IBM dummy

From: Tom (tomwhore@wsmf.org)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 13:01:41 PDT

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
--]
--]Once you see strong trends, extrapolation is natural. Of course there
--]are always many unknowns that make it all interesting.
--]

Heck yea, its the chase, the kill and the feast thereafter soon to be
repeated. Its not sitting on your petard but working at the next big
badabom.

Freenet may pan out to be a great alterantive, it may also turn out to be
next years pet rock. The real dealio is that messing wiht it now and when
it was all still infintile is that you get to see and perhaps help it
grow. Study one flower from seed to dust and you have studied a universe.

I have had my share of head banging aginst the wall of the now. Some were
good some where bad but I learnt from them all. Ill never forget trying to
get Prolog used to write a Class Scheduling app back in 1986 or trying to
play mp3s on a 486 dx 66 or talking till i was blue in the face to VR
folks at various coleges that Doom was hands down a better VR than the
wire frame pewp they were touting only having them drop their jaws when i
custom made a level in front of thier eyes.

You win some you loose some, the main goal is not winnig or loosing its
learning...ok and winning a couple of times doesnt hurt:)-