Re: Let Me Get This Straight . . .

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 20:36:10 PDT

Jay Thomas wrote:

> Look, I didn't say anything about bland or sedate, or any of the rest.

You don't have to Jay. We've all seen the show.

> When I lived in Miami, I loved the diversity of foods, music, women,
> experiences. Is it so much to ask not to have truly *offensive*
> behavior shoved in miy face? Never mind, I think I can guess your
> answer.

So what, I guess we'll leave the entire southern tip of Florida as some kind of
diversity museum / adult theme park? A kind of Free Sin Zone? A place you
holier-than-thou types can go slumming for guilty pleasures before rushing home to
prayer group and absolution?

If you find something offensive, avoid it. End of story.

> So, when my federal tax dollars fund someone's idea of art that consists
> of desecration of sacred images, I have no right to complain?

I'm actually with you on this one. I don't think federal tax dollars should fund
art *at all.* But let's be a little less myopic, here: the offensive thing is
tax dollars for art, period, not the nature of the art itself.

> Save the
> patronizing "Turn on PAX" crap. That was uncalled for.

Not patronizing at all, it's a serious suggestion for folks in terminal denial
like most of the people that spout your brand of rhetoric.

> Theres a very good
> reason conservatives concern themselves with larger social issues like
> those.

Yeah? What's that?

> If "the rest of you" all vote against my
> candidate, you've got nothing to worry about from people like me.

Except that you types are a persistently annoying group of holier-than-thou
pains-in-the-ass. I don't care what the hell you believe, you can have whatever
beliefs you won't. Just don't legislate your beliefs and force me to live by
them. End of story.

> First, I never said I wanted a surrogate parent.

You didn't have to. It is implicit but glaringly obvious in every position yahoos
like you take.

> I agree with you wholeheartedly. Does this make me less of a yahoo now?

Not really.

> Again, JB, sorry to have pissed you off so royally. Not my intent.

It's not just you, it's your whole moronic "culture war" you types --- wannabe
omnipotent moral busybodies, all --- have been waging. Give it a freakin' rest.
Focus on your own family, the world will take care of itself.