Apple Opens Retial Stores

From: Tom (tomwhore@wsmf.org)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 16:56:43 PDT

(so the question is , will jobs treat the existing store like he treated
the clone makers?)

http://www.apple.com/retail/

This Saturday, Apple is opening its first retail stores. Here's why

Apple currently has around 5% market share in personal computers. This
means that out of one hundred computer users, five of them use Macs. While
that may not sound like a lot, it is actually higher than both BMW's s and
Mercedes-Benz's share of the automotive market. And it equals 25 million
customers around the world using Macs.

But that's s not enough for us. We want to convince those other 95 people
that Macintosh offers a much simpler, richer and more human-centric
computing experience. And we believe the best way to do this is to open
Apple stores right in their neighborhoods. Stores that let people
experience firsthand what it's ike to make a movie right on a Mac. Or burn
a CD with their favorite music. Or take pictures with a digital camera and
publish them on their personal website. Or select from over 300 software
titles, including some of the best educational titles for kids. Or talk to
a Macintosh genius at our Genius Bar. Or watch a demonstration of Mac OS
X, our revolutionary new operating system, on our theater's s giant
10-foot diagonal screen.

Because if only 5 of those remaining 95 people switch to Macs, we'll
double our market share and, more importantly, earn the chance to delight
another 25 million customers.
Here we go...