Re: [fork-in-exile] more bitching

From: B.K. DeLong (bkdelong@pobox.com)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 19:14:48 PDT

At 09:59 PM 05/17/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>if i hear one more asshole blame the energy "crisis" on clinton's failure to
>establish a national energy plan, i'm going to go tasmanian devil on said
>asshole. federalizing solutions is usually anathema to (or at least loudly
>disparaged by) republitarians/liberpublicans. one exception might be the
>death penalty. now they're saying "why didn't he do anything?" blame game
>is one thing, hypocrisy another.

THERE IS NO CRISIS!

Well, again...unless you count the fact that under regulation, power
generators could only charge $25 - $40 per megawatt hour and up until last
summer, they could charge $750 per mw/h. Now they got put down to
$250....still an 625% increase since deregulation.

Now....Bush COULD step in and look at re-regulation or something....or
restructuring deregulation. But why? If he paints the raping of the Bay
area power consumers as a nation-wide energy crisis and uses it as an
excuse to increase production of electricity, natural gas, oil and
mining.....also allowing him to bypass and "waiver" certain environmental
regulations due to being in a "crisis" it will only benefit his peers!

I don't understand why he decided to take advantage of the first
opportunity that came along instead of doing something like pissing off
OPEC into limiting production or something. He's made it so obvious that
he's doing this for his supporters.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong@pobox.com