Re: Aliterative, not alliterative

From: Stephen D. Williams (
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 11:51:47 PDT

"Roy T. Fielding" wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 03:17:29PM -0400, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >

> > BTW, does anyone know the etymology of the expression, "Oh, the
> > humanity!"?
> First I heard it was in the movie/radio reel from the Hindenburg disaster.
> The big blimp that went boom! The announcer said it as the molten metal
> started to collapse around almost-survivors on the ground. It was probably
> common before that, but I think anyone who uses the phrase now is
> remembering it from that movie reel.
> ....Roy

Definitely agree...

BTW, you guys know that the Hindenburg burned like that because of the
aluminum-powder fabric covering, not because it was full of hydrogen?
There was a good article about it a couple years ago. The fabric was
practically explosive.

Stephen D. Williams
43392 Wayside Cir,Ashburn,VA 20147-4622 703-724-0118W 703-995-0407Fax