RE: Fork Demographics, Canadian Music, haikus & more

Lloyd Wood (L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk)
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:17:48 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Lisa Dusseault (Exchange) wrote:

> On females in CS:
>
> I think long, hard and often about being a woman in computer science.

As opposed to most of the rest of FoRK, who think long, hard and often
about being with a woman in computer science.

> It's good to see some Canadian music recommendations (I am Canadian -- and I
> especially love Holly Cole Trio). I think that for a country with fewer
> people than California, we have a pretty kick-ass bunch of musicians. Some
> of you would probably like "Moxy Fruvous" and "Arrogant Worms".

With each new computer screen
the world tells me I'm more green

-- Moxy Fruevous on Energy Star screensavers, "Stuck in the 90s"

glen mccready's 0xDEADBEEF is the ultimate Canadian humour list, btw.

http://www.hardrock.org/muse/

> Both groups sing rich harmony, sometimes a cappela, and have
> incredibly funny lyrics

"Spiderman" and "Drinking Song" are added tracks on the above single.

L.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.sat-net.com/L.Wood/>+44-1483-300800x3641