Re: Defcon Bill

spunkanado (tomwhore@interport.net)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:01:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, John M. Klassa wrote:

> +> Gives a new meaning to 'blue screen of death'.
> JB> Like, "panic: freeing free inode" is any better? Give me a break.
>
> I've been using Unix for, give or take, ten years. In all that time,
> NT doesn't come close to this kind of robustness.

Ive been running NT server for a few years now along with a few unix ones
from time to time. NT used to bomb out occasoinaly but for reasons haing
more to due with some numb nutz installing a BU system wrong or some one
asumming they know NT admining. Yes, once or twice I got the blue screen
of death for reasons I can only call Realy Wrongness, but in all these
years those dont seem to warrant the hype of the blue screen so many folk
seem to have.

Unix systems have there own lovingly painfull annoyances. If you havenot
found them, continue to learn unix some more, you will eventualy get to
them:)-

Unix has been around for probably as many years as I am old, NT is still
waiting to pass its 10 year mark. In those year I gota say NT has made
some nice growth, has proven itself more than the early label of "crap on
a plate" and judgng by the attention paid to ithas at least got the
attention of some very learned minds.

The one thing I have found in recent years..When some one from one OS
comaplians about another faults, they very rarely have the same expertise
on the other OS has they do on thier Fave os. And it shows. Mostly what
you hear of is Second hand stories, press clippings and rehashed usenet
fodder.

Its pretty self evident that a society will take form itself what it needs
to cling to the myth of good and evil.

"Generals gather in thier masses
just like witched at balck masses"