Re: [Salon/Lingua Franca] Applying a PhD to Business

Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@ICS.uci.edu)
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 07:26:30 -0800

The annual Orange County Business Council dinner was really fun on
Thursday. I got bumped from the front of the room by 5 OC mayors,
7 Assemblymen, all 5 OC supervisors, 1 State Insurance Commissioner,
4 State Senators, and sundries of other well-connected politicians.
George Will's speech was a mixture of Orange County high tech business,
Baseball, and conservative commentary.

One of his stories is about Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan in the
Senate pre-election debates where his competitor described him as:
Professor Moynihan this, and Professor Moynihan that. The press
asked him what he thought of being called 'professor'. His response:

"The mudslinging has started already!"

Greg