RE: [Stupid Idea Series] Interactive Videos

Jim Whitehead (ejw@ICS.uci.edu)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 17:22:17 -0700

Last night I talked to a woman who is raking in the cash with her hot new
business: pet photographs. People bring Fluffy down to the local pet store,
where the photographer is set up. The proofs are free, the real photos of
darling Fluffer cost you. She just sits back and takes the calls as the
orders come piling in.

But, as near as I can tell, they're missing out on all the derivative
markets:
- putting Fluf-fluf's picture up on the Web
- putting Flufpaws's picture on creatures in Quake
- customizing your browser so it's an animated gif of Flufnose in the
upper corner, instead of some pulsating corporate icon

... and I'm sure I'm missing some.

Of course, some clients will require a full Web presence for their pet....

- Jim