Fwd: The Importance of Interactivity

Grlygrl201@aol.com
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:40:47 EDT

--part1_3848b18.24509cff_boundary

From: Grlygrl201@aol.com
Full-name: Grlygrl201
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:16:01 EDT
Subject: Re: The Importance of Interactivity
To: savamutt@razorlogic.com
CC: jslade@bc.sympatico.ca, gbolcer@endeavors.org, gregnorton@in-tch.com

Hi, Tom! I'm happy for your library; you made the best decision regarding
your books.

I participated in two online chats, one CBS- and one CNN-sponsored. It's
really weird how AOL sets up these forums: you are in a "row" with about 40
other people and can only see what your row is doing. I was in row 42 in one
forum and 16 in another; I have no idea how many rows total there were. I've
participated in a few AOL events before, usually interviews of musicians I
like. My questions are NEVER asked of the guests, which usually prompts me
to start either harrassing the interviewer or starting a riot in my row.
Last night I started correcting the CBS reporter's spelling.

All in all, the questions chosen to pass on to the guests are the safe
questions. I asked repeatedly why the massacre was not labeled a hate crime
by the media . Of course, no one wanted to touch the question. What good
did come of it: my fellow row members started asking, too.

Grass Roots Geege

In a message dated 4/22/99 2:08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,