Re: stupid flamewar

Tim Byars (
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:29:28 -0700

At 10:08 PM +0100 4/22/99, Lloyd Wood did the job with this:

> Kragen wrote:
>> Tim Byars apparently wrote:
>> > L. If you're going to step into the squared circle you're going to have
>> > to do better than that. To be the man, you have to beat the man.
>> He did. I wish you'd drop the subject.
> I'd just like to point out that I never saw the
> original 'squared circle' email Kragen quotes here. In fact, I didn't
> know of its existence until I looked in the web archive, since in his
> infinite wisdom Tim Byars neglected to cc me, the target of his rant.

This is most interesting L. Let's look at the headers on that message:

From: Tim Byars <>
Subject: Re: Apple jobs to Open Source dweebs

What archive is it you are able to access since it was clearly send to

> This is even though Tim Byars is the primary reason for me
> unsubscribing from receiving FoRK, which he crowed about rather a lot
> at the time.

Crowed about rather a lot? God you Brits know how to butcher a language.

> Still, I'm thankful for these small stupidities. After all, Byar's
> speech isn't so much free as it is worthless.

Thank you for playing again L.

Europe's an unhappy place, they've got that facist groove thing. - Heaven 17

<> <>