Re: [CNET] Sun and Adobe fork over $90 G's for XSL tools.

James Tauber (jtauber@cygnus.uwa.edu.au)
Tue, 11 May 1999 07:20:06 +0800 (WST)

On Sat, 8 May 1999, I Find Karma wrote:

> I'm FoRKing this because Rohit told me he hadn't seen this even though
> it was announced 2 months ago... I'm assuming James Tauber already has
> his implementations finished... *grin*

Not quite, but I did release a new version a week ago (see
http://www.jtauber.com/fop/)

Luckily, FOP meets the requirements of being written in Java and
outputting PDF (both of these were choices I deliberated over when I
started in August last year).

What surprises me is that, even with the bounties announced (albeit
informally) FOP is still the only horse in the race.

James
(who is in Toronto now, and will be presenting on FOP at the WWW8
Developers' Day)