Re: Tombstones and tumbleweeds

John M. Klassa (klassa@aur.alcatel.com)
Thu, 27 May 1999 14:57:20 -0400

Um, Tim, try reading my message before replying next time. :-)

I said:

+> Sure, you have to be athletic to withstand the kind of falling
+> around that goes on in I'm not saying that wrestlers aren't capable
+> athletes.

To which you replied:

Tim> Afterwards, you can report to the good people of FoRK how fake it
Tim> felt. This will be done in a real pro wrestling ring complete
Tim> with springs and all.

I'm not saying that there's no pain, nor am I saying that it's easy.
Neither is true. However, to claim that the two people (or more, I
suppose) who are in the ring are actually wrestling each other with
the intent to win is ludicrous. People who are really fighting don't
stand still while being swung at. People who are really fighting don't
help their opponent hoist them into the air, so as to be thrown. Yeah,
people get hurt, bad that's not my point...

I've said enough. I'd hate to make JoeBar quit reading the archives,
too. :-)

--
John Klassa / Alcatel USA / Raleigh, NC, USA

Nobody designs a natural language by themselves, unless their name happens to be Tolkien. -- Larry Wall (http://kiev.wall.org/~larry/natural.html)