Here we go again: A WaSP Editorial about WinIE5.5

From: B.K. DeLong (bkdelong@zotgroup.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 17:48:56 PDT

On 27 March, we hailed Microsoft for shipping IE 5/Mac, the first browser
to Do The Right Thing with HTML and CSS. Naturally, this pleased our
Microsoft friends, while convincing thousands that we were whores of Redmond.

On 10 April, we flamed Microsoft for previewing IE 5.5/Windows, a browser
that strikes out on complete support for any standard. Instead, using that
"freedom to innovate" that Microsoft spokesmen praise on the courtroom
steps, IE 5.5 takes a bold leap toward the future by implementing colored
scrollbars. Also some other proprietary goodies that work only in Windows.
Oddly enough, we haven't heard any official comment from our former buds,
except for a halfassed load of flackery from their spin-off PR company,
Waggner-Edstrom.

It looks like our opinion only matters when it's wearing a happy-face.

Read the rest here:
http://www.webstandards.org/wfw/ieah.html

--
B.K. DeLong