FoRK dream

From: Kragen Sitaker (kragen@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 17:20:55 PDT

No useful information follows, but some people may find this amusing.

Last night, I dreamed that I walked into my computer room (shortly
after an adventure on a very cold planet where I breathed helium ---
um, never mind about the blue helium gel that became gooey in my hands
when I tried to warm it up) and picked up a magazine.

The title of the magazine was "FoRK". I opened it up and paged through
it; there was a Marlboro ad inside the front page, and the articles
appeared to be reformatted FoRKposts, including some by me. "How
interesting," I thought, "someone has turned FoRK into a magazine."

I turned to the back page; there was a long colophon all the way down
the right side of the page. None of the names were familiar to me ---
but down at the very bottom, in amid various nonsense text, there were
a couple of instances of the string 'adam'. "Oh," I thought, "Adam
Rifkin did it. I wonder when he had time?"

It was a 1996 issue of FoRK, which was a little odd, because I wasn't
on FoRK in 1996. I thought it gave a whole new meaning to the
"fishbowl" aspect of FoRK.

(I'm sure I'd rather read a FoRK magazine than Time. :)

The Internet stock bubble didn't burst on 1999-11-08.  Hurrah!
The power didn't go out on 2000-01-01 either.  :)