Re: Digital cameras again

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 11:40:32 PDT

Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > I rather like the idea of write-to-floppy cameras, since they
> > produce images that are instantly transportable and don't
> > require installing download software on a machine nor doing
> > the cabling thing when you want to upload. Just pop the floppy
> > and you're there. I think the main drawback is the interval
> > between shots.
>
> No, the main drawback is massively less data on the medium. 1.4MB on
> the floppy vs. as much as 128MB (or 256MB, I think) on a CF card.

And how many pix to 1.44MB? About 20-30, yes?

> Since I know you have a laptop, you can get a cheap PCMCIA-CF adapter
> ( < $10) which allows Linux and Windows to read the images directly
> off of the card.

You miss my point, which is giving the pictures to someone *else*.
If I'm at a friend's place, for instance, with a flashcard I can't
just give it the pix. I need to either have my laptop along,
or send the pix later.

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>