RE: Happy one-month anniversary, Gnutella.

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 00:09:27 PDT

Adam L. Beberg writes:

> But I must say, reading those made my stomach turn, and wonder how
> people that dumb can exist without forgetting to breath. Anyone who had
> been in my Apple LOGO class when I was eight would know better. "Lets
> design a global file sharing system that scales to 3 nodes" /rant

Don't rant, just do it better, and release it earlier than the other
guys so it has a chance (perfect designs existing as mental models
solely do not exist if the market is concerned). If you can't, then
there might be a reason why weenies are more successful than
gurus. Kinda reminds me of the Lisp vs. C argument.

(Sorry, I'm cranky today. Just had had enough of IRC, and deleted all
available IRC clients on all my machines. God, if you think mailing
lists are ditzy, don't even dream of touching IRC. Blechh. I still
have a foul taste in my mouth).