RE: neuronal mail filter

From: Philip DesAutels (philip@ereo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 14:44:48 PDT

>Eugene Leitl Said:
>I'm looking for a _working_ intelligent, learning mail filter, ideally
>using neuronal nets.

Take a look at http://mozilla.org/projects/grendel/

Jeff Galyan and I were talking a few eeks ago and he mentioned that he was
planning on integrating some GA filters into Grendel. I see from the above
that this has bubbled up as a key news point: "Ian Clarke has donated his
GFilt "learning filter" package to Grendel. GFilt uses genetic algorithms to
automatically generate optimized filters based on your email folder setup.
The sources have not yet been checked in to the main source tree, but they
will be when integration is completed."

Jeff says they are really hot...

Philip