Re: Shameless but hopefully relevant plug

From: Mike Masnick (mike@techdirt.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 11:25:16 PDT

At 11:05 AM 4/18/00 -0700, Tom Whore wrote:
>On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
>
>--]Here's a stupid idea of the day: All those automated online storage sites
>--]that offer anywhere between 20M to 50Meg? Someone should write
>--]a client that automatically automates the file storage and allocation
>--]in a just-in-time manner across as many of the services as possible.
>--]If you think about it, you can scale their service to several gigs and
>--]beyond using an automated intermediary. The only thing keeping people
>--]from doing it now is the manual overhead of having to do it.
>--]
>
>Two thoughts on this idea.
>
>one...yep, that would be a great thing. I could see the uses for it(mp3s)
>sprng to mind (mp3) with lightening (mp3) speed. Im sure some community of
>users (mp3) will find a use for havin-g a unified client for all these
>places to use (mp3).

Or you could just wait until folks started offering larger amounts of
space... and if you're specifically talking about MP3s, then hell, just go
to www.myplay.com where they offer you 3 gigs already for storing MP3s,
including an (admittedly slightly buggy) upload tool that makes it
ridiculously easy to upload MP3s. And, I'm not saying all this just 'cause
one of the VPs took me out to lunch last week and gave me a free t-shirt...
:) I actually do think the site is pretty cool.

 -Mike