Altavista.com

From: Greg Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 16:58:01 PDT

My faith in Altavista has been shattered. I put in the
search for a UCI tech report +"Dynamic, Invisible, and on the Web"
which returns no documents containing that exact phrase.

Some random searches such as:
  +"Process Technology" +Nancy France +Taylor

returns http://misun18.iai.fzk.de:8080/docs/websim99/websim99.4.html
which contains the exact text of:

R. N. Taylor: Dynamic, Invisible, and on the Web . Technical report, UCI, 1997,

Which part of the string didn't it understand? It was the
exact phrase down to commas and spacing. I now no longer have
faith that Altavista really is delivering on its marketing promise
of fast and accurate results.

Greg

--
Greg Bolcer