Split Microsoft in Two, and Make them BOTH Develop Browsers

From: Adam Rifkin -4K (adam@XeNT.ics.uci.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 17:20:59 PDT

You mean the government is trying to force TWO versions of IE on the world???

   http://www.quicken.com/investments/news/story/djbn/?story=/news/stories/dj/20000428/BT20000428006076.htm&symbol=MSFT

Reminds me of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" when Mickey splits the broom
into two...

> Under the government's proposal, Microsoft would be split into a
> company for the Windows operating system and another company for
> Microsoft's programs, or applications, like Microsoft Office. The
> operating system company will own Microsoft's operating system products:
> Windows 2000, Windows 98 and Windows CE.
>
> The company will also receive a license to continue to distribute
> software code for Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser. However,
> the company will be required to develop its own independent browser to
> compete with Internet Explorer, which will belong to the applications
> company.
>
> "The result will be revitalized competition in the browser market, which
> the court found Microsoft illegally had attempted to monopolize," said
> Joel Klein, the Justice Department's antitrust chief.

Um, I liked the Spice Girls better when they were together because I only
had to dread one album a year instead of 4 or 5 solo "efforts" a year...
Sporty Spice, put some friggin' clothes on!

----
Adam@4K-Associates.com

There is not higher priority than getting in management. -- Dan Kohn