Re: big brother

From: Eugene Leitl (eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 00:36:29 PDT

Joachim Feise writes:

> I recently read the book "Database Nation" by Simson Garfinkel. If you weren't
> paranoid before, you are after you read this book.

Crosscorrelation is frighteningly powerful, since accumulating
unavoidable subliminal leaks. For a true chiller, I recommend Vernor
Vinge's "A Deepness In The Sky" http://www.sfsite.com/03a/deep52.htm

Datawhoring of ubiquitous snoopware is certainly already a reality,
this message not excluding.

Even the human automation/focus part is soon within our reach, and
certainly the localizers.