Re: [NYT] A New Hard Rock, Just What Teenagers Were Waiting For

From: Eirikur Hallgrimsson (eh@mad.scientist.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 06:12:35 PDT

Great music posting, Adam. I don't see intelligent writing about
youth culture very often.

That article blasts past Tool and Incubus rather too quickly.
Tool is coming from a more musically structured place and is
influenced by things like raga. Incubus is more scat than rap, and I
mean the Ella Fitzgerald kind of scat--I'm sure she'd be amused.

Eirikur