Re: FoRK archives in XML/RSS via XSLT?

From: Gerald Oskoboiny (gerald@impressive.net)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 10:54:18 PDT

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 01:16:10PM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On Sat, 6 May 2000, Adam Rifkin -4K wrote:
> >
> > As to danbri's question, "Yeah, when do we get an RSS channel for FoRK
> > so I can recue my inbox and read this along with other newsfeeds?", my
> > answer is, "As soon as you develop an RSS channel for FoRK." :)
>
> Doh! Left myself wide open to that one, didn't I? OK, how about this for
> an approach? Some XeNTist needs to set up a stable URL for the latest
> date-sorted list of posts, and make the archives XML well formed
> (ie. XHTML), then we should be able to write XSLT that'll scrape the
> archives and output various formats...

Ta-daa: http://www.egroups.com/messages/fork

I've been meaning to hack up an egroups-to-RSS thingy for a while
now, just haven't gotten around to it.

If anyone does this, make sure you pass 'fork' as a parameter so
we get tens of thousands of other RSS feeds for free :)

--
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@impressive.net>
http://impressive.net/people/gerald/