RE: [Winer] Sun & SOAP: Yes or no?

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 18:38:30 PDT

On Thu, 18 May 2000, v - Mark Kuharich wrote:

> XML takes a lot of bandwidth and parsing, why use this instead of a simple
> binary protocol like IIOP or JRMP that has been designed for object
> invocation?

Simple, you can't patent or otherwise control binary protocols. Same old
stupid story as WAP, patent, patent, patent. I'm sure I've just violated
at least 37 laws even talking about it without 3 lawyers present.

Binary protocols are smaller, faster, language-independant,
unpatentable, and free.

Please remove brain and wash with SOAP, rinse, repeat. Once you're IQ
drops to about 70, you can put on a tie and you will understand. And if
you put on a suit, you'll be a zealot (and an idiot).

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/