RE: [Standard] Hummer Winblad to fund Napster

From: Jim Whitehead (ejw@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 11:04:18 PDT

Since recognizable online brands are very difficult to create from scratch,
might Napster be worth $15-$20 million just for its brand alone? I'm sure
it has positive connotations among the college crowd :-)

The brand's challenge, though, is that it is not just a brand, but a
signifier for an ideology of free access to music.

- Jim

> > Hummer Winblad to Fund Napster

*snip*