RE: Qbe - a portable tablet computer

From: Edward Jung (ed@whatuwant.net)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 17:50:46 PDT

I have a friend who invested and has one of their units. It's heavier than
it looks and has a serious touchpad latency flaw. Also, presumably for
durability, the screen is pretty thick, leading to a large parallax problem.
It runs Win98 -- and not all Win2k drivers are there. Battery life is
limited, and it has several power management problems. He typically runs it
with a 11Mbps network card around his apartment.

It has a small fan, but seems to deal with heat pretty effectively.

Personally I'd wait at least another generation for this kind of device.

My friend summed it up as follows:

"When I had a Newton, several women would approach me and talk to me about
it. No women have done this for the Qbe." So it's
member-of-opposite-sex-magnet factor appears to be low.