Possible Old bits, but interesting none the less.

From: Carey Lening (carey@tstonramp.com)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 02:46:34 PDT

My, this has really caught my interest. NPR tends to be a good bitsource
in terms of a radio station. So here I am, driving along on a Friday
evening,, when I hear a rather informative discussion on Shortwave radio
(Lost and Found Sound: Numbers) and the hidden numbers(1) and 'secret'
stations' that are still being broadcast. Alright, so I'm digging it from
the start. So I decide now, I must track down people who know of this
wonderful shortwave phenomena. Very groovy stuff, this radio business
is. Apparently quite a few others seem to be gigging on this -- and it
shows up in /.(2). Cracking the codes, and distributed.net gets mentioned
by a few different souls.

All I know, is this became FoRK relevant, and now, goddamnit, I want a
Receiver. Anyone more bitful than I, please clue me in.

Mmmmmm radios...

--BB

(1)http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/cmnps05fm.cfm?SegID=74687
(2)http://slashdot.org/articles/00/05/27/1735225.shtml