Segrams To Clean the Net With Legions of Lawyers

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 12:35:05 PDT

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, bigwig at Seagrams and the Universal partnership, has
stood tall and declared war on the Net and Anonimity. If he has his way
all content will flow thru corporate sites and anonimity will be
abolished. If you think this is an exageration, read his speach of May
26th 2000 made at the Real Conference[1]. Here is a choice snippete from
that text....

  So am I warring against the culture of the Internet, threatening
  to depopulate Silicon Valley as I move a Roman legion or two of Wall
  Street lawyers to litigate in Bellevue and San Jose? I have moved those
  lawyers - or some of them - but I have done so, and will continue to do
  so - not to attack the Internet and its culture but for its benefit and
  to protect it. For its benefit.

Who the fuck does this roodypoo jabroni think hes dealing with? Hes gonna
toss in a few legions of lawyers and do away with anonimity, the nets
grunge, and everything he sees as unwholesome?

    They stuck me in an institution
     Said it was the only solution
    To give me the needed professional help
     To protect me from the enemy, myself [2]

[1] http://www.seagram.com/news/current-press/scl052600b.html
[2] Suicidal Tendencies "Institutionalized"