Motorola Pager Codes - To Know. Now.

From: Adam Rifkin -4K (adam@XeNT.ics.uci.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 13:08:55 PDT

From the land o' rilly rilly old bits:

   http://www.motorola.com/MIMS/MSPG/Special/codes.html

I want to know why "you're revolting" was such a popular message to send
by pager that it needed its own abbreviation... or is this a Motorola
engineer's idea of a joke? [Actually, the Motorola engineer's idea of a
joke is the user interface to the i1000+, the only redeeming feature of
which is that I can throw it against the wall in frustration and not
witness any further degradation in performance.]

8642, Motorola i1000+, because 1776.

> Motorola Pager Codes - To Know. Now.
>
> 0000000
> Bronx cheer
>
> 0-0
> Ruh-Roh.
>
> 0001000
> I'm feeling mighty alone right now.
>
> 0007
> I've got a secret.
>
> 099
> I've got something stupid to tell you.
>
> 05-05
> Margaritas, dude! (Cinco de Mayo)
>
> 020202
> Just thinking of you.
>
> 04-04-04
> Happy Holidays. (Read upside down.)
>
> 080808
> Kisses and hugs.
>
> 1
> You're the one; you da man.
>
> 10
> You're perfect.
>
> 11
> You're perfect-er.
>
> 1-1
> Thank you.
>
> 13
> I'm having a bad day.
>
> 1-8
> I ate.
>
> 101
> I've got an easy question.
>
> 10-4
> Is everything OK?
>
> 121
> I need to talk to you alone.
>
> 141
> I'm with you.
>
> 143
> I love you.
>
> 10-20
> Where are you?
>
> 10-2-1
> It's possible; there's a chance.
>
> 1040
> You owe me big-time.
>
> 13-30
> I'm having a bad day and it's getting old.
>
> 1492
> Let's go sailing.
>
> 1701
> Live long and prosper.
>
> 1776
> You're revolting.
>
> 100-2-1
> The odds are against you.
>
> 13579
> This is odd.
>
> 121212
> Happy Birthday.
>
> 10000001
> Miss you.
>
> 11111111
> Congratulations!
>
> -2
> Used as a suffix to convey "I second that" or "me, too."
>
> 21
> Let's have a drink.
>
> 2-2
> Now we dance; shall we dance?
>
> 222
> Pick me up after school.
>
> 2001
> You're way out there.
>
> 2468
> You're terrific.
>
> 30
> This is getting old.

> [...]

----
Adam@4K-Associates.Com

The Web is not broken - it just doesn't match what other people think is "fixed". -- Roy Fielding