craven spam, yet perhaps apropos

From: Lucas Gonze (lucas@gonze.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 17:48:06 PDT

This is an announcement of a project I've been working on. It's
new bits, but may be too promotional. If so, I apologize and
rend my garments in advance.

WorldOS is a framework for distributed applications like Freenet
or Gnutella. It uses a new protocol distinguished by pluggable
transports and XML message content. It basically takes an
approach similar to the traditional Web server/cgi split, where
the server handles the common stuff (communications) and
applications can concentrate on what makes them unique. For
example, you could easily plug a calculator app in; this would
allow users to send calculation requests out as easily as we now
send out MP3 requests. The protocol is much simpler than
Gnutella's or Freenet's - it should be about as much work to
implement as HTTP.

The homepage for the project is at www.worldos.org.

Comments on design flaws are welcome. Better to catch 'em early
on.