Data Havens ?

From: Udhay Shankar N (udhay@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 22:21:51 PDT

Recalls _Islands In The Net_, and _Cryptonomicon_. Data Havens, hmm...Also
see (I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you) http://www.lfcity.com/

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/tech/00/06/biztech/articles/04have.html

In the annals of Internet history, June 5, 2000, may be remembered as the
date that a hardy band of true believers tried to establish the first
independent colony in cyberspace.

On Monday, a small international group of computer rebels plans to
introduce what they are calling a data haven, perched precariously on a
World War II military fortress six miles off England's coast.

<snip>

[however, the following quotes should be noted - udhay]

"Sealand's claim of sovereignty has never been legally tested."

"I wouldn't do anything to offend England," he said. "I'm an Englishman."

  http://www.unimobile.com/                     http://pobox.com/~udhay
             Unimobile -  the world's first internet mobile