Re: National Sign-On Letter to House on H-1Bs, U.S. Immigration

From: Joachim Feise (jfeise@ics.uci.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 08:05:02 PDT

I have to disagree. Norm Matloff essentially took anecdotal reports,
from newspapers, etc. and concluded from that that there is no labor
shortage.
I had several discussions with him about the validity of this approach,
and he admitted that this is a biased lobbying article.
In addition, I have doubts about Mr. Matloff's qualifications in the
immigration area. He's a CS professor, not a migration researcher.
Interestingly, at the same university, UC Davis, there is a group
of migration researchers (http://migration.ucdavis.edu/), who are
better suited to discuss immigration.

-Joe