How about we stop CC'ing everything but FoRK? Re: Please Stop Cc'ing FoRK! [ RE: National Sign-On Letter to House on H-1Bs, U.S. Immigration ]

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 13:16:19 PDT

The last several messages on this topic were written by native FoRKers. Is
there a problem with this?
Seems like a reasonable topic for this group of people since we're all
involved in hiring or being hired (sometimes both at the same time it seems)
or immigrating or helping someone immigrate or worrying about being
over-immigrated back to blue-collar status.

I always group-reply to mailing list messages.

"Joseph S. Barrera III" wrote:

> Please,
>
> I must again ask that you stop cc:ing the
> FoRK mailing list (FoRK@xent.com) in this
> discussion. Every time you cc FoRK, you are
> bothering many many people who are not
> interested in this discussion.
>
> - Joe Barrera

As I believe Rohit has mentioned, deleting and filtering isn't that hard. I
have 46 filters, over 1000 mail folders, and something like 1.6GB of mail
archives online with a colocated 100Mb link so maybe I'm a little tougher than
most. (Try THAT with Outlook or Exchange! How about staying in a standard,
open format that can migrate for a decade to new software and never be subject
to corruption?)

sdw

--
Insta.com - Revolutionary E-Business Communication
sdw@insta.com Stephen D. Williams  Senior Consultant/Architect   http://sdw.st