More Courtney, extrapolations...

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@clickfeed.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 10:15:39 PDT

Wow, wow, wow... I'm totally overwhelmed by how lucid, insightful,
cogent, eloquent Courtney turns out to be. This ought to be required
reading for "Digital Economy 101," a hypothetical class that everybody
should be required to take in high school. ;-) Check out the
extrapolation:

     "...And filters are replacing gatekeepers. In a world where we
     can get anything we want, whenever we want it, how does a
     company create value? By filtering. In a world without
     friction, the only friction people value is editing. A filter
     is valuable when it understands the needs of both artists and
     the public. New companies should be conduits between musicians
     and their fans."

Now a simple substitution:

     "...And filters are replacing gatekeepers. In a world where we
     can get anything we want, whenever we want it, how does a
     company create value? By filtering. In a world without
     friction, the only friction people value is editing. A filter
     is valuable when it understands the needs of both artists and
     the public. New companies should be conduits between [content
     producers] and their [audiences.]"

I'm having this really weird "Courtney Love-as-Marshall McLuhan" vibe...

Anywaze...

jb