Re: More Courtney, extrapolations...

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 19:44:04 PDT

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Yak Wax wrote:

> It's important to remember that *right now I can get music, movies,
> and software for free and nobody can do anything to stop me* -
> micro-payments are voluntary.

Exactly.

Napster and the rest are building up a culture of people that object to
any form of copyright and refuse to pay for anything, EVER. I fear that
the genie is out of the bottle and exited stage right, unfortunately it
was the "motivation to create" genie, and damnit we needed that one!

Some people will still create just because, but that guy (singular) will
be too busy flippin burgers to create much.

Didn't communism fail (first) because of this removal of rewards?
Hmmmmm...

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/