Rimm Job?

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 05:25:33 PDT

A friend writes:

<<Let me put it this way. There exists in the technology world only one
messaging solution that is a) not aimed at consumers; b) is not an expensive
toy; c) is not a fashion accessory; c) is completely practical, here now and
ready to empower sales forces and traveling professionals everywhere, and d)
cannot possibly fail because the Canadian government is pouring more money in
the backdoor than these guys can possibly spend on marketing in three
lifetimes. You have, I believe, correctly identified the near future 800
pound gorilla of the electronic messaging world. Palm and CE are
claimers--RIMM (Blackberry) is Secretariat.>>

So far as I know, the principal effect of Canadian subsidies has been the
production of too many films starring Donald Sutherland. Does anyone know
about this technology?

Tom