Re: TellMe.com, low-profile at the moment, but pretty functional voice-response.

From: Rasheed Baqai (rasheed@usa.net)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:13:30 PDT

Hi.

This area is just exploding with providers right now.

For traffic, I prefer TellMe because it is an actual person taping the
traffic (sometimes every 15 minutes depending on location and time of
day). The other services use a computerized voice that isn't as nice.
I also think TellMe also wins in free phone calls, stock quotes,
restaurants, movies, and weather because it is more human in playback.

However, BeVocal is 'da bomb' in driving directions. They are point to
point just like on the web, but read to you. www.bevocal.com

Quack is cute because it quacks at you while it processes your request,
but otherwise, it still has a way to go. www.quack.com

The only problem I am seeing is that you can use those free phone minutes
awful fast on your cell phone while playing with these services (as with
using the web on your cell).

Rasheed