Re: Rimm Job?

From: Strata Rose Chalup (
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 11:04:24 PDT

Interesting-- can someone clarify the relationship between "MOBITEX"
and BellSouthWireless? The PalmVII network is also run by BSW, and
is actually the former "RAM Mobile Data Network", which was acquired
by BSW. Is MOBITEX a network or a protocol? I'm curious as to
whether it's using the same bandspace with a different protocol,
or is on an entirely different band allocation.

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]
VirtualNet Consulting
SAGE Level III/IV Unix Admin, commercial-scale Internet services