Re: NSI scrambles for their cash flow yet again

From: Strata Rose Chalup (strata@virtual.net)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 10:01:09 PDT

It wouldn't surprise me either. Do recall that as an OpenSRS member,
buydomain.com will pay $10 annually for domain registration, and
no fee for transfers. I'd say a 70% markup ought to be sufficient,
given the relatively low infrastructure needs of running a root
server or two and a web/e-commerce gateway to accept registrations.

Relatively low compared to a major e-commerce effort, I should say--
my remarks aren't meant to denigrate any of the new domain providers.
I'm glad they're out there, and hoping that NSI will experience a
serious dose of karma as they become more prevalent. Gotta get
my domains out of there before some kind of collossal f-up nukes
them.

_Strata

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> If this is true -- and it wouldn't surprise me if it were -- NSI
> is trying to crap on us again. Oh, Judge Jackson... yoo-hoo! :-D
> --
> #ken P-)}
>
> Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/>
>[...]

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata@virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** ISP/ASP Systems Integration, Architecture, & Project Management **