Re: the official hype on Zaplets

From: Strata Rose Chalup (strata@virtual.net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 18:26:38 PDT

The way the technology was described, it sounded as though the
bookmark was enclosed within some kind of executable that made
itself responsible for going out and grabbing the content and
displaying it. So perhaps one could call it an "ACME Instant
Annoying Content Mark" rather than a bookmark, with the novel
concept being that one can skip the traditional step of "just
add water" (or a mouseclick).

As Mr. Horse would say, "No sir, I don't like it."

Cheers,
_Strata

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:
> >
> > This whole things smacks of Zephyrgrams, which at least would pop to
> > the top of your windowing environment, no matter what app you were in.
>
> I don't get it.
>
> It's called a "bookmark", people.
>
> How are Zaplets any different from sending someone a bookmark?
>
> -- ?!ng

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata@virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** ISP/ASP Systems Integration, Architecture, & Project Management **