Re: the official hype on Zaplets

From: Strata Rose Chalup (strata@virtual.net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 18:29:52 PDT

An addendum--

At the risk of being all stodgy and boring and anti-whizzy-new-tech,
I'll ask: Where's the white paper on how Zaplets are prevented from
sending malicious/scripted/privacy-invading content to be executed
by your MAPI-attached browser?

Yes, I know, they wouldn't license any truly *evil* people, but suppose
one got ahold of the technology "somehow"? Sigh.

_Strata

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:
> >
> > This whole things smacks of Zephyrgrams, which at least would pop to
> > the top of your windowing environment, no matter what app you were in.
>
> I don't get it.
>
> It's called a "bookmark", people.
>
> How are Zaplets any different from sending someone a bookmark?
>
> -- ?!ng

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata@virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** ISP/ASP Systems Integration, Architecture, & Project Management **