Re: future search engines?

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 15:16:38 PDT

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, v - Mark Kuharich wrote:

> It looks nice, but I don't know whether it's clueful or whipped topping on a
> road apple. What's the FoRK consensus?
> http://www.webbrain.com

Java eye candy on top of the Open Directory Project. Kewl to watch once,
but after that it just slows me down, watching animation when I could be
clicking.

Looked for a revenue model, couldn't find one, looked for something I
haven't seen 1000 times before, couldn't find that either. The overhead
of a web site and one grad students Java project can't be that high tho.

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/