Namespaces discussion

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 18:34:40 PDT

On Scripting News yesterday I said: "I don't like namespaces. This is based
on my own confusion when I see all those esoteric labels all over XML
documents. I've been very clear about this all along."

On the UserLand discussion group there are two comments from people who I
know to be smart (I've worked with them for years) who agree, Ed Draper and
Paul Howson.

http://discuss.userland.com/msgReader$18263

http://discuss.userland.com/msgReader$18277

If you want to learn about how busy web developers view namespaces, go
challenge them, ask them questions, try to explain namespaces and why they
are good, but please do it respectfully.

I think we would all learn a lot from the interchange. Maybe you can win Ed
and Paul over. It could be an interesting discussion.

Dave