UCI: research magnet or blackhole?

From: Meltsner, Kenneth (Kenneth.Meltsner@ca.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 06:49:22 PDT

Okay, why does everything I'm interested in seem to end up at UC Irvine? I
mention Placeless Documents and it turns out that Dourish is joining the UCI
faculty. Now, I go to look at the InfoLab pages (at Northwestern) and the
FAQFinder has migrated west as well.

Is there some sort of gravitational or magnetic field around UCI? Or does
Irvine just suck?

[couldn't resist the last comment -- spoken like a true Northern
Californian.]
Ken Meltsner