Re: hyper XLinks

From: Ka-Ping Yee (ping@lfw.org)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 10:33:43 PDT

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Dan Brickley wrote:
> No sarcasm intended, I'm psyched to see XLink progress, especially
> as it now looks as if it'll do typed links in a way that can be harvested as
> RDF http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=617 :-)
>
> Tragicomically, typed links appeared in the original www proposal
> http://www.w3.org/History.html -> http://www.w3.org/History/1989/proposal.html
> but somehow never quite happened (even though HTML had some support...)

That TYPE attribute was indeed used to implement typed links in
Crit (http://crit.org/), which has been happily supporting
bidirectional, extrinsic, fine-grained, typed links since 1997...

-- ?!ng

"To be human is to continually change. Your desire to remain as you are
is what ultimately limits you."
    -- The Puppet Master, Ghost in the Shell