Re: Information about the limitations of WAP !

From: David Crook (dave@shortbus.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 16:23:07 PDT

Steve,

Give Senu a break. I'm sure he has valid reasons for asking a informal
mailing list rather than spending 2 minutes looking at relevant web sites
or hitting google.com for that manner.

Senu, the primary limitations of WAP are related to it being legacy
technology. WAP was developed during the 60's as a means of adding drama
and excitement to melee scenes for the Batman television show. Fight
scenes would be intercut with words narrating the action on screen ("WHAM",
"BOOF", "WAP", etc). WAP is really only useful for extremely small
bandwidth messages and requires the overhead of only being compatible with
campy TV shows. Another limitation is that Adam West is getting on in
years. You can see a demo of the technology at "www.adamwest.com"

Feel free to use FoRK for your other research needs.

Always glad to be of help,
David Crook