Re: Apple Open Source

From: Steve Dossick (sdossick@iPal.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 09:00:11 PDT

Unless the system in question is running servers that other boxes rely
on (in which case why in the world are you on battery power?) it's not
that hard of a problem. When I was still and undergrad at Columbia in
the mid-90's, one of the guys in the now-defunct mobile computing lab
there (where they did some cool stuff with mobile ip for wireless
devices) had a hacked mach (and later linux) kernel which used liberal
processor sleep and other techniques to extend battery life 40-50% on
stock toshiba laptops.

-s

--
Steve Dossick